Saturday, April 26, 2014

Changes in drinking and diet.


                                 So now that a diagnosis has been made and I know what I have that's causing my pain and trouble, time to play with the diet and see if certain foods and drinks are making it worse. The Dr did mention, as have many websites as well as the The Arthritis Foundation and others, that diet can certainly play a very significant role in such autoimmune problems. Therefore, the fun starts.
 Books like this would be a good start for me to investigate what can be done on a totally natural and nutritional level as opposed to throwing medication at it.



   Over the last few days I tried a few things and only one worked to relieve the pain: THC. That is all. But I do NOT want to take that unless I have to and am needing it. So on to food options. The two books here are a good start as is the powerful and always available Internet. This is where I shall start.


First decision that I have made is the deletion of all alcohol. Period.
No, this is NOT a fun nor easy thing for me to do but I have done it before and always felt good. This time though, it COULD be a contributing factor in my health. So away goes the beer,wine,port and other delights. This will be a trial for two weeks and after that I shall look back at how things went. In addition to alcohol, I will be giving up coffee. I admit fully that too much has been consumed over the last year and I now will go back to the foundation of my well being: tea. Especially green tea, full of poly-phenols,antioxidents and other good things. When I was only drinking this instead of coffee and black tea as well, I did indeed feel better. Digression is not always a bad thing. Or is that regression? :-)


                                                 In addition to the above noted changes, I shall also be drastically reducing my gluten and bread intakes as well as sugars. Natural sugars are exempted as I love fruit and it is so very healthy for me. A lot more trips to markets and places like this:



                                                This dietary change is going to be tough for the first week but I assure myself and others that it is necessary and a very positive thing. Getting back to my meditation, green tea, simple life and mindfulness is THE proven way for me. Now to get started with a BIG cup of green tea.



No comments:

Post a Comment