Sunday, April 27, 2014

My name is James, and I'm an addict.


                                That subject line is accurate. My name IS James and yes, I AM an addict. My last post had me determined to cut out coffee and alcohol for a few weeks in order to lose some weight and find the possibles that mess with my arthritis. It has been a few years since cutting out coffee but only a few months since doing w/o the booze. So, now that I have been a few days without them...


                                     Yes, this is what I'm going through right now. A headache so bad that I have had to use a Vicodin for it. THAT is extreme. Why didn't I just wean myself off the coffee and not quit turkey!!  Yes, the coffee and it's caffeine are proving to be the addiction, not the alcohol. Oh hell, I can give up the booze at any time. Went a few years once and can easily do that again. But the caffeine is a tough one.  So, now I will have to slow down on it before giving it up entirely. Yes, you  may go ahead and call me a wimp. I accept my fate in this manner.








                                      Now, these things being said and admitted to, onward I go to find a way out of the pain inside my skull. Headaches like this make me a person to stay away from. I don't do well with them and find my alone time the best solution. Not that I'm mean or dangerous. Not at all. But I admit it makes me a mental case of sorts.






      There you have it. My first blog post written, er, typed, with a caffeine withdrawal headache.

                                                     I hope this never happens again!!!!

                                                 If it does, I might look like Gollum.





2 comments:

  1. I feel for you James. I went through the same thing recently but not for any particular reason. I just wanted to try it. I suffered the same headache and gave up. When I had a coffee again, I felt clear and energetic. My conclusion is that it can't be all bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to say this, but this just helps me out great at the moment. Going through the exact same at the moment.. doing a detox and (stupid me) forgot to lessen the coffee in the weeks before. Dropped from about 15-20 cups to 0 and am ready to ehhh how do I say this nice... be VERY assertive today ;-)
    thanks for the post! And thank God for Google who showed this post to me when I typed 'coffee addiction'.
    Like the way you write, so I'll check out more from you!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete