Monday, August 12, 2013

Cosmos,pedals and parting shots.

Week two has now arrived without running. Until yesterday! I just could not take it anymore and decided to give a short run a try and ascertain how the hamstring feels. Then, if it felt good and there was no pain, I'd walk the What event this week on Wednesday night. If it DID, another two weeks of resting it and back to the biking. So after running a two miler I felt great even though the tightness of the muscle was there...no pain!!! I then rode the bike for seven miles when I came back due to a broken pedal on the Giant Iguana. Time for a new set. But how happy I am that the running proved to me I'm on the mend. Will still take it easy though and run slower with fewer miles.









     On Saturday the Cosmos 7k race was held by Brian and his Energy Events group. While I don't sanction gender only races at all and refuse to run them, I DO support the right of the girls to do them and was there to shoot photos of my family and friends. Some don't understand why I dislike gender only races but what is not to understand? People should not be selected to race due to gender,race,religion,sexual orientation nor any other invalid reason. Sure, Special Olympics and races for the disabled are exceptions that don't need explanation. If they DO, there is something wrong with that person's brain. A regular event for the masses though should be open to all without the discouraging of any one group. Just my thoughts and feelings.  That said, the girls had a great time and I shot a few hundred photos and loved doing it. Here are some from the race:

                                                    The lovely girls before the race!!!
                                                 
                                                          Decided to wear the kilt that day!




                                                                Sweethearts indeed!!!!







                                      And as a parting shot from the ladies I love so much.....






                                 Ann and Liberty walked it coming in 811th and 812th out of 851!!
                                 So proud of both of them for the effort and great race.


     A busy weekend was over with fine weather on a Sunday evening, giving me yet another opportunity to pause and reflect on how fortunate a man I truly am. I'm almost a half century old but living the best years of my life for sure!!! The forties are the new 30's, or maybe the 20's. n :-)


    



                  

                                             



No comments:

Post a Comment