Thursday, July 16, 2015

Dragons!

*********************************************************************************

                                                      My tattoos mean a lot to me. They document my life in many ways and every one of them ha a meaning to me as opposed to some choice of flash off of a tattoo studio wall. It has taken me seven years of inking to get to this point and I have only regretted getting one of them, since then covering it up. This quote by Johnny Depp sums things up nicely:




So on Tuesday I visited my tattoo artist, Doug Auld, and sat for two additions to this canvas: An Asian (Japanese/Buddhist) dragon that graces my hip, and a Native American dragon that resides on my back shoulder. Now I can say I have nine dragons inked on myself, nine being my favourite number.



Dragons have significance for me in so many ways and they embody so much of my past,present and hopefully my future.





                                                               Here are the newest additions:
























Getting these in the locations I had them put balances me and makes me feel like a complete canvas in some ways. This doesn't mean I will stop getting tattoos. Far from it. But I will say that premium space is getting low and these are all in places that work perfect. Therefore, I except for filler ink and tying in pieces here and there, I cannot see any more larger works any time soon. But, who knows.

*********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment