Sunday, October 1, 2017

October: New goals!!!

*********************************************************************************                   

                                                                     Hello October!!!



                                        The best and my most favourite month of the year has arrived, right before my second favourite of November!! This day brings for me the most amazing start to the season I adore and there are some goals in mind. The past four months of heat and humidity are gone and the rains have arrived, bringing the temps down and making it easier on the body. The joints, maybe not as much. Still, grin and bear it the best possible and enjoy every moment! Now, what goals do I have in  mind for the month of October? Here is the first one:

                                                                    Challenge #1







Yes, this is true. No booze for at least a month, maybe more. I need not only a detox but to watch my body better, my $$ as well.  Therefore, no booze for at least thirty days from this moment forward.



       The drink of choice: tea!!!












                                                                     Challenge #2



        Yes, to add miles to my running. This has been tough the last few months and I want so bad to change it. The arthritis combined with the weather, schedule and other issues has been horrid on my running. Therefore, my goal is to run ten miles a week and get to that forty by Halloween!


                                                                      Challenge #3





Yes, it is now time to try the beard again. Last one was back in 2013 I believe and it came in a lot more brown. Highly doubtful it will be this time, probably being a salt and pepper mix of fluff. I know the genes are there and I'll decide after thirty days how far I want to take it, but know that at least six months would be nice to see how far it can grow. Last time I did, the razor came out after four months if I remember correctly. So,,,I stopped shaving today (except under my chin, that is a must). Drawback with a beard...people are less interested in kissing me. :-(  So, sacrifices will be made.

                       And....GROW BEARD!!
                                                         









                                                                        There you have it!! Goals for the month of October and beyond, in addition to the usual Ancestry research, language and history studies as well as new college courses from Harvard, Julliard and the University of Edinburgh.

                                                                      Wish me luck!!

*********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment