Thursday, February 22, 2018

Ancestry update!

*********************************************************************************


                                                                 In Ancestry news.....


The new total number of ancestors and people in the family tree is up to 3325! These members of my family pretty much fall in line with the DNA tests I had done from both AncestryDNA and 23 and Me.





                                                  The core of my heritage comes from Scotland, Ireland, Wales, England, Germany and Switzerland. Tracing back through not only Ancestry's records but those on various other sites, the earliest years date to 1350 in Scotland. Also, the line extends to James I, King of Scots in 1394, who was the husband of my great grandmother x 18. The Stewart, Campbell, Douglas, Hamilton and various other clans fill in most lines in Scotland and when some moved to Northern Ireland and the Londonderry/Donegal regions, a few changed names to Reagh, Rhea and similar.  In Germany, my 12th great grandfather is Martin Luther (1483) and the line runs through my maternal lineage.


                                                  Both my paternal and maternal sides have copious amounts of Scottish and German blood. Most of the families immigrated here before the United States gained it's independence and quite a few fought in that war as well as the War of 1812. The last ancestors came here to America in mid century from Italy (paternal side) and the UK (both sides).


                                                  At this time , I am researching  the family trees of myself, Ann and Dena's families. This is keeping me active online and staring at a computer a lot! but the research is paying off with the Internet's reach of records. Next up is trying to break through that Italian wall on my father's side, before 1884, which is THE main tough one right now. Just not enough information to go by except the location and town my great great grandfather was born in, Colobraro, Italy. Sigh


                                          .
*********************************************************************************
                                                               

                                                              After learning of my prospective college days being dashed, I took back to focusing on Ancestry and German both . And that has progressed well, with my language lessons proving positive. Now I have a 50% proficiency on Duolingo and while that is primarily in the reading/translating department, it shows my brain still has the capacity for languages.




  Duolingo has been working well for me and while Welsh has not been my focus for the time being, I shall get there soon! Between Duolingo and my textbook, "Neue Horizonte", there is hope for me after all!! Found that book with a set of CD's that are delightful!!














                                                                   So that is an update on the current state of passions involving my Genealogy and German, the two G's that take up my time right now!!

*********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment