Sunday, May 19, 2013

Back to semi-normalcy.

The last week has been a whirlwind for sure! Between the cat episodes,hospital stays and not running a bit in ten days, I was on edge from the events. Time for a change and to move on!
   Usually I receive little stress in my life but admittedly there was a wee bit over the last few weeks.
Today,Sunday the 19th of May, I wanted to change that and get back to a meditative way of life again and to practice more mindfulness and awareness of my every day existence.
   But more on that later. The weekend was fun and filled with joy as Ann took my place at the  Energy Event's Parade Run 5K. She did very well and ran with Brian's son Kye.


They both finished well and really enjoyed the race. Even the rain held off for the run and that was amazing considering how wet it was only 15 minutes before the start.





Others who finished well were Dan McElrath, Rob Druffel, Darhl and Janna Thomason and the winner being Eric Dolezal. He is a speedster for sure! Dan took 3rd overall and first in Masters.
A really fun day that made the weekend a delight. Also got to go visit our friends Boris and Maia in Beaverton.Love going to visit them and get caught up on life. What a delightful couple they are!

My fingers and hands are healing up well now and I can almost bend them to their previous spots as before. Going to be a while but things are looking up. On the sad front, Liberty has received word that her knee has to be operated on due to ACL and meniscus problems. Ugh. So a lot of work ahead for her in the recovery department.  Before the surgery though, we have a race next weekend in the Rum Run in Tigard. Should be fun as it is my second time running it and Liberty's first. Ann will be on the sidelines for this one. I was able to get out today for a 7 mile run, the first in ten days! Felt sooooo good.



No comments:

Post a Comment