Monday, May 6, 2013

Sunday's half marathon and misc

I neglected to add a post to the blog yesterday due to a VERY busy day and tired legs. Ran the Cinco de Mayo half marathon in downtown Portland with some of my running friends and had a delightful time! My plan of attack worked well the night before with some activities and strategies that proved to work well for my stamina during this very hilly and windy race. Ate up a ton of carbs and had one of the BEST nights I've eve encountered in my short life span of forty six years!!

   Here are a few photos from the events yesterday:







                     At the start with Rob,Tom,Claudia and Chris as we get ready for 13.1 miles.

                                                                      
                                                                             Finish line!!


                                   Then to Pioneer Courthouse Square for post race food,beer and fun!




                                               


                     And I couldn't have done any of this without my two sweethearts!!




                                                             A truly memorable race and day!!

  On the diet front, well I strayed a wee bit yesterday due to carbing up afterwards,eating a chicken breast sandwich at Red Robin that had once slice of cheese on it. But for the most part, I did well. Not lost any weight though and that is to be expected as I got ready for the race.Let's see what this week brings.  The heat yesterday and Friday was rough on us as it makes one super tired and also increases my allergy issues. So I'm on Claritin right now and it seems to be working fine.

A few doctors appts with Liberty for her knee this week and a visit by the Dalai Lama to Portland!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment