Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekend memories!!

                                 
                              This last weekend was simply superb!! As it was Liberty's birthday, we went to Olive Garden's and ordered the Never ending Pasta bowl and gorged ourselves with noodles! Then off to Starbucks for a green tea frappucino and some sugary froth.






     Also gave her a set of SLUG earrings that she loved!!! Here they are "installed" on the model.
                                  These are in addition to the earrings I got her on Etsy last month.

                                                  So she is happy with the new additions!!

   Then later on we all got together and had some tea and coffee to enjoy Powell's Books!!!
                                       Here is a photo of Ann and her sweetheart, Donna!!

       
                       So a wonderful weekend filled with activity and celebrations!!!

  Was also able to fit in some shakuhachi practice. All I managed was some blowing Ro time but nonetheless, it was time spent playing. I need to spend REAL time in practicing and I hope to do that starting the next few weeks when school starts and things settle down. At least a structured practice system.

   And some good news...
So after researching my hamstring issues and the knee pain that seems to go with it, I have it under good authority that my sciatica is the culprit, NOT a hamstring injury. It also depends on how I sit whether in a car for long periods of time or in a chair. My PT friends and doctor agree with this too. So I put it to the test and went for a run, albeit much slower than normal. Sure enough, a 7 miler with no tightness nor pain in the hamstring. My hip arthritis had flared earlier but disappeared at noon, affording me a chance to run. Feels good to get out! I will be running again but taking it SLOW, at 10:15/mi this time, watching how I sit and how my back is aligned. Nerves are wonderful but don't pinch them. :-) ( I could never understand how I injured my hamstring either so KNEW something was not right).

                                                               Yay!! Back to running!!!!







2 comments:

  1. Maybe look at getting a cushion for in the car? They make some nice ones that go across the seat & some that are across the seat & behind the lower back.

    ReplyDelete