Thursday, October 3, 2013

Kilt season begins NOW!!!!

Usually I wear a kilt once or twice a week depending on weather and temperature. Summer is a ghastly time for me with the heat making the kilts,which are either heavier wool or acrylic, very warm to don all day long. But, when autumn,winter and early spring are here...hell yes I'm in my kilts!!!  Now that we have witnessed and felt the cool temps arrive and I'm giddy to get out the kilts and sporrans to wear for the next six months! Now I wish I had more of them but will be happy with the three tartans I own for now. At least until I get some brass to buy a few more this season. :-)


     So today I decided to go a bit more formal with the outfit and steer away from casual. This usually means long hose,flashes and a nice sweater or a more formal look. This was what I came up with:
A Black Watch tartan, Allen Edmonds wingtips, Stillwater brown sporran and grey hose. The green sweater looked decent and was perfect for the temperatures today. I added a fine pewter Welsh dragon to my lapel to complete the outfit.



  I felt this outfit and kilt to be fine for a cool yet not cold October day. This weekend I hope to don my family tartan, the Ross clan, and use the tweed waistcoat and appropriate tie and long shirt. Should be dry out and about 65­°, perfect for it!!!

   Now to go search ebay and the other online vendors for reasonable priced kilts to add to the collection of Scottish goodies!!!

                                                    Until next time , here are a few kilt pics!!

            
                                                                         Slàinte mhor!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment