Friday, January 10, 2014

Dw i'n gallu siarad Cymraeg!!!


                                                               After making it through lesson two of Say something in Welsh, I can finally say with confidence that " Dw i'n gallu siarad Cymraeg!!!". Being able to construct sentences is the basic foundation of any language and these first two lessons have a ton packed into them. I shall continue listening to and working on this lesson through the weekend before tackling lesson three.



                                                                 Now on to what is day fifty of the beard. As mentioned before, I've never grown one past 26 days and now have about doubled it.After a small survey on Facebook and from friends,the girls and others, I think I shall keep it until a minimum of  Super Bowl Sunday. I really enjoy having it as well as the anonymity of not being recognized when I go out into public. Considering I was forbidden to grow one most of my adult life, I consider this a freedom I didn't have before. It makes me feel free in being able to have a choice of whether I want to or not.
The process is natural for men but new for me in this 47th year. The progression has been fun!

 This was on day one.

OMG do I look baby faced.


 To the right is day seven. Came in a little white at first but darkened later.


 Then day number seventeen next, the photograph below, at my writing desk. Getting darker and filling out a bit.
  

Next up is day number 23. As you can see, I prefer flat caps, especially in darker browns.



Then a photo at Powell's Books in the travel section. This is day 39.



                    And finally, day number 46. This is a fine shot that I found to be among the best so far.

                 So, there it is. I'm now on day fifty and enjoying the beard experiment. Not sure if I will keep it after winter but at least I know I can grow it and decently. Now to maintain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment