Sunday, January 19, 2014

Learners block and moving on.


                                                                     Learning can prove such a challenge sometimes. I'm certainly not alone in this as we ALL get stuck as we journey the path of knowledge. This last week I have fallen into such a wee hole as lesson three of "Say something in Welsh" proved to be a bit tougher for me. Not that the words or grammar are proving difficult ,as they are simply that: words.
It has been my concentration level as well as a schedule that took my attention away from learning.
So the lesson has proved to be a bit tougher for me. I'm through the first half of it now and can form Welsh sentences in the present and the future,even with a few mutations. This is a good thing.
Now to get past the second half of the lesson and move on to lesson four. If I cannot get them down, I'll try again tomorrow. Sometimes a fresh outlook and new day will be all that is needed.

                                           A fresh brain is a grand thing!!! I love this logo for Fresh Brain. Add the Welsh below these words and one can learn anything desired!!!










When it comes to time management and learning, I have plenty to consider. No matter where I go, these lessons are with me on my phone, tablet and ipod Touch. So no excuses there. How my brain digests them and processes the lessons is a whole different matter altogether. Running is still the best way for me to learn the speaking part. The written and reading part is necessary for me too as I'm very much a visual type and need to see the words themselves and how they are spelled and look in order for my brain to wrap around the language. I wish we had a local chat and learners group for Welsh.  I saw a sign like this online:


   Imagine seeing a sign like this for English here in our America? Not a chance as it would be seen as racist and bigoted. But in Wales, these types of signs are all over,encouraging all to learn the local language and maintain the rich history of the country. Well, I figured I would start my own Portland/Vancouver are Welsh learners group and see if something can be done for local practice. As of now, only a few of us are members but if you are interested in joining up and meeting for real Welsh discussion and learning,please add yourself to our group!! Here is the link:



In addition to Welsh studies,this past week also saw my running totals get back to 20 miles per week (with a goal of 30 by spring) and the weather being delightful.Ran with the What run and Vancouver Marathon group on Wednesday night and then the Clark County Running Club run yesterday morning, at Klineline Park and the Salmon Creek trail.








As always, we had a great time and a fine run as well!!  Many thanks to Energy Events!!!


                                                                      And finally, on the beard front: Day 61 now of the face fur and what a journey it has been. I was so very close to shaving it off two days ago but ,fortunately, was convinced that it looked ok and needed to stay longer. So after much consideration I decided to keep it and see where things go. This photo here,taken at Powell's Books in the isles, is of the beard at day 60. Looks decent I think and better with the clothing choice.




Now to move on this Sunday to more study and some football as well!! One can hope that I succeed in lesson three and that the Seahawks defeat the 49'ers to advance to the Super Bowl!!


   
GO SEAHAWKS!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment