Sunday, September 28, 2014

Last half marathon of the year!

************************************************************************************
                                                                                Yesterday was a delight as I was able to run and complete the North County Run Half marathon, which is held in Battleground, Washington. This was my first race with Get Bold and Elba's race company. These are the style of race I truly enjoy the most, by far: smaller, usually less than 2,000 runners, compact , well planned and staffed, great race route and all of the goodies one deserves when paying for them. So many I have run were NOT worth the price of the race. Not even close.







  The route was to the east of Battleground and included some really sizable hills that were not super tough. Good for the legs though! This race was better for me than any half in the last year, as I maintained an even pace and ran well. had a delightful time running with Tom Stack, and didn't have to walk a bit due to arthritis or sciatica! That alone was a miracle, and one I'm so very happy about. The next photos below, show my timing chip results and the medal that was given to the finishers of the half marathon.                                                                 
*************
The medal is also a wine stopper! How is that for functional and a beauty of a medal? Great idea for sure.

*************


Now on to some photos from the race, all taken by Ann in her first real outing with the Nikon digital SLR. She took some wonderful photos and is on her way to being a top notch photographer.













So....kudos to Elba and Get Bold for their superb race and event. I look forward to more of his events in the future and hope to see more in 2015!



























Next blog post, I hope to tackle MBTI, the Myers Briggs Type Indicator and where I fit into the world of personality types. Seems there are some real differences between myself and mt friends.

*********************************************************************************
                                                                        
                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment