Monday, September 1, 2014

September is here! Or is that Septembeard...?

**********************************************************************************
                                                        September is finally here!!! And to me that signifies the beginning of my favourite season. Well, officially it is still summer for two more weeks but when this date arrives, I tend to equate it with Autumn and the start of the best time of the year. That's when I dream of scenes like the one below: browns,golds, yellows and reds, the falling leaves of autumn.


                              It also means that I have started to grow my beard. There are now two reasons for doing this: first is to raise funds and awareness for prostate cancer research through Septembeard. I posted about this last time and do so again as the beard started to grow right after shaving yesterday morning. I will post a photo to the site every five days after the one I sent in this morning. That way people can see the progress and make donations if they so desire. So far $135 has been raised and thanks go out to Liberty, Christina, Amy, Darren, Alis, Ann and Danielle for their donations to this cause.  Septembeard
  The second reason I grow it: I CAN!! Now, I have nobody or any organization telling me I cannot grow it. That is reason enough as well as the fact that I like beards. Simple enough. :-{)}}}}

                                                                       This will be a short blog post but one additional note concerns last Wednesday's injury to my right foot. I rolled it slightly and bruised my big toe metacarpal joint. Have taken four days off and intend on running today in hopes it has healed up.
Three weeks to go till I run two races and I want to be healthy.

                                             Have a great Monday/Labour Day everyone!!!!
**********************************************************************************

2 comments: