Monday, January 26, 2015

Wigged out for Italiano?

*********************************************************************************

                                                              Our January has been more like April when it comes to weather. We are richly blessed living in the Pacific NW and I cannot see myself living anywhere else in this country!! On Saturday I spent the day with loved ones and felt the 63° sunshine, basking in the beauty of a warmish day. This past weekend was simply amazing as so much fun along with new experiences were taking place. Can hours or days spent with those we love be any happier? I think not. We had some great fun in Portland and then headed out to see friends Sunday at brunch. Our Brunch Sunday events are the best, with awesome family and friends!!! After that, we went to play with wigs and have fun at a friends place, enjoying the evening in great company.








Above, you see myself, Dena, Ann and Ellie.
 I've never really done something like this, as new experiences have been happening a LOT the last few months. Getting out and about with friends new and old has proved to be a most enlightening change to my routine. As an extrovert, this is never usually a problem. But, we all have our moments of wanting to be alone and spend time doing things as such.That's not often for me!! :-) I shall be out a lot more now.


*********************************************************************************

                                                             Last month (or was that earlier this month?) I declared that sometime this year I would tackle German again and get back into the daily learning of that delightful language. I have been sidetracked, as usually happens with my easy to distract mind. But this time, the reasons are so much better!!! My new sweetheart is Sicilian and will gladly learn Italian with me!! And THIS is just a perfect scenario as I have always wanted to learn it but didn't have a chat partner who was talking to me daily. Granted, I do have the always wonderful Fabiana to talk to and that is going to prove a delight for practice and help. Thanks my dear!! <3  But learning with another when starting a language is the best for all purposes. So, Italian it is. I had the books already and now can give it a shot.





While I know that books, CD's and video are not the best way to learn a language, these get me started. Courses abound in Italian at local schools and colleges if I want to proceed further. I simply don't know if my brain will like it or not. Now we shall find out. With my background in languages, I don't see the visual aspect of Italian as being a problem nor the reading challenge. it's the speaking and social aspects, and THAT is where I have tons of help with online, Skype, video, etc. Looking at local clubs as well. Dena, my dear, we have some fun days of Italian ahead of us! You know more than I do already and I shall lean on you for a lot of this. Onward we go in this adventure !! <3


*********************************************************************************


*********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment