Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Spring arrives!

*********************************************************************************

                                     Hard to believe the last post here was in late January. So an update is in order for the last month and a half, for sure. Fortunately, all has been rather good. The last of the car accident nonsense has been taken care of and all loans,settlements and paperwork is complete,allowing us to put these accidents behind us. The new car is running great and no issues to report, making the upcoming spring and summer's travel plans something to really look forward to!                  This car is a beauty and it's the best car I have ever owned! Complete package!




At 30,000 miles, it is barely broken in and runs so smoothly. Needless to say, I'm over protective of this car after the last year of automobile accidents inflicted on my cars by others. Moving on...

*********************************************************************************

                                        Primary focus the last two months has been getting my Welsh language skills back to where they were in early 2014 and 2015. This time I have fully immersed myself by tackling not only Say Something in Welsh again but also Duolingo, an online language learning program that is a delight to use. I'm currently on level 7 with Duolingo and lesson 6 on SSIW. Sure, it is taking time to get back to the point I was at but I'm doing this at a slower pace and not rushing things, keeping myself from burning out and giving up..No matter what, I seem to always return to it and learn when I can. Also trying to get the Portland/Vancouver Welsh group back on track if possible and have some meetups. Been able to find a few Welsh speaking Facebook friends though no real practice as so few are chatty on that form of social media, so I need to find a daily Welsh chat pal. What is cool is that Dena has decided to learn some Welsh with me and for that I'm grateful! <3


*********************************************************************************Running season has started! Though I will admit I'm a bit cautious of this years running and going to be reevaluating my various goals for the year and where I fit in to the grand scheme. This year I was accepted as a Fleet Feet Ambassador and am volunteering some time to promote the company and their races, events and products. I have always liked Fit Right/ Fleet Feet and been shopping there since I started running back in 2008, so this makes for a nice change. 


In addition to the Fleet Feet news, I was able to run the Fort Vancouver 12k to start the season, and was happy with the results. This time I went out slower and kept my pace at 8:50/mile or so instead of the fast 7:40 I seem to run, which always makes me tired so quickly. I might finally be learning!
Enjoyed a great race and afterwards the rain and storm hit us, drenching everyone! Next up: The Blooms to Brews Half marathon in Woodland! Am I ready for a half marathon right now? Honestly, no. I have almost a month to prepare and get the body ready for this so I have confidence. I've gained some weight over the winter and NEED to lose about 20 lbs or so to be back to preferred running size. It's a question of keeping the carbs low and THAT is not easy.  I LOVE my breads,pastas and carbs! I did make a promise not to drink any beer till April 1st so that is helping . I think. :-)

That is the update for now!! Have a great March and will be back here soon!

*********************************************************************************









No comments:

Post a Comment