Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Insomnia and schedules.

After a dismal year of insomnia and trying to get back on schedule with sleeping habits, there might have been a breakthrough last night. Used to be I could go to bed at 10 PM ,fall asleep quickly and wake up at 4:30 or 5am with no problem, feeling completely refreshed. Then my schedule changed and it knocked me off the list of comfortable things. No one thing did it but more a mixture of insomnia,arthritis and other life events that added adrenaline to the situation.
                    So I have tired of this and of being tired ALL THE TIME...I'm changing some things up and trying to get back to the previous way of life. No more eating or drinking after 7pm in the evenings (except water). No electronic devices after 10 PM . More reading of books and listening to my beloved classical that gets my mind prepared for sleep. More MEDITATION!!!! I miss this and need to get back into a better frame of mind, a more set schedule for this essential activity.


        Last night was the first time in months I've had a good night's sleep and by following my rules to perfection.  Bed by 10, up at 4:30am. Perfect! Went out for a 5:30am run of 10K (6.2 miles) and even though the hamstring gave me a few issues, I felt good. Always loved running in the early morning, especially during summer with the horrid heat of the afternoons making such an activity impossible for me.


   Now to see if I can maintain this. Life is glorious for me right now with everything falling into place nicely. Just BEING is the way to do it! Take every day as a blessing and live it to the full, not letting others ruin it for you by their own inactivity or jealousies. Love whomever you want and be as happy as you can in doing so!!! All philosophies I subscribe to heartily!!!  <3 <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment