Thursday, January 8, 2015

Directions

*********************************************************************************
                                                                   The New Year has arrived and I'm finally getting my behind in gear to post something. Life has been so very busy indeed for me and time seems to rush by at an amazing pace. The year 2015 seems destined to bring exciting new adventures and possibilities! I have absolutely no clue as to what they will be , and isn't that the most intriguing part, the unknown.


                                                                        As this year begins, my employment situation has changed so I shall be contemplating what work I'd like to do. Again and again, getting back into the freelance photography field sounds like a truly wonderful occupation. It has been a very long time since doing this, more than two decades. Back in the late 80's and early 90's, this was a field still completely dominated by film formats and enlargements, both 35mm and medium formats. Oh my, how times have indeed changed. My choice of brands has not, however changed, having been a dedicated Nikon shooter since the mid 80's. This will not change for me. After many years and at least 100,000 photos shot, my trust D50 digital 6.1 MP body was passed on to another for use and upgraded to a D3200.




No, not major top of the line in gear, but it is the artist, the op, that makes the shots and does the work, not the equipment. So now that I have a new system and am ready to go
with a sparkling computer and software, this is a line of work I will be seriously looking into. It is a LOT more cutthroat than twenty years ago but I don't need to make much money at it to be satisfied and pay the rent. This gives me an edge as well. So now the research begins into my new business name and getting the state paperwork started.




                                                         As for keeping busy with other things, that is never a problem.  Between shakuhachi practice, running more miles, writing and keeping house, I'm kept busy enough.  Add the new circles of people I have met as well and I'm certain that the future will be bright indeed.
Possible travels could include San Francisco, Asia and even Europe if we can secure places to stay.
No, nothing is known as to where,why or when. How wonderful that is!! Onward we go!!!
*********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment